Add an RS232 serial port to your laptop or desktop computer through USB
- Supports serial data transfer rates of up to 1 Mbps
- No external power needed - draws power from the USB connection
- Thin,lightweight design
Connect using an available USB port, as though the computer offered an onboard DB9M connector
The ICUSB232SM3 3ft USB to Serial Adapter Cable lets you connect DB9 RS232 serial devices to your Mac® or PC laptop or desktop computer through an available USB port, as though the computer offered an onboard DB9M connector.
Allows extension of the DB9 serial over much greater distances than USB extension
Unlike typical USB to serial converter cables where the conversion takes place at the DB9 end, the StarTech.com ICUSB232SM3 features a converter chip on the USB end. Converting at the USB source overcomes the 15ft. technical limit of USB cables, allowing for a much greater serial DB-9 extension cable (50ft.+ is possible depending on the application) if necessary.
Easy to setup and install
Simple to install and use, this USB to Serial adapter is a cost-effective solution that bridges the compatibility gap between modern computers and legacy serial peripherals.
- Perfect for IT Administrators looking to add legacy functionality to newer notebooks, PCs and servers that lack an integrated RS232 port
- Connect, monitor and control industrial/automotive sensors and equipment
- Connect bar code scanners, receipt printers and other point of sale devices
- Connect a satellite receiver, serial modem, or PDA with serial sync
Shipping + Returns
✔ Shipping is free for all orders over $100. Otherwise, the cost will be calculated at checkout.
✔ Once your product has shipped, it usually takes 4 to 6 business days.
✔ You can return your product up to 45 days after receiving your order.
Payment + Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.