The HPE FlexNetwork 5520 HI Switch series delivers superior performance, high availability and manageability with advanced features at the access and aggregation layer of medium and large enterprise networks.
These switches deliver faster performance and advanced L3 features with support for larger ARP/MAC tables and Longest Prefix Match (LPM). VXLAN and EVPN enable greater scalability. Support for Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP), Equal-Cost Multipath (ECMP) and Bi-directional Forwarding Detection (BFD) provide resiliency. Intelligent Resilient framework (IRF) ensures high availability. Support for IPv4/IPv6, OpenFlow, and MPLS/VPLS features for investment protection with an easy transition from IPv4 to IPv6 networks.
These switches also include SmartMC at no additional cost, and when combined with Intelligent Management Center (IMC), it provides both embedded network management and enhanced network visibility.
The HPE FlexNetwork 5520 HI Switch series provides medium and large enterprise networks with increased processing power, Larger MAC size tables, and Longest Prefix Match (LPM) to improve network performance and scalability by enabling multipathing. Non-blocking architecture delivers high wire-speed switching. Supports Equal-Cost Multipath that enables multiple equal-cost links in a routing environment to increase link redundancy and scale bandwidth.
Highly resilient and scalable access layer switches
- The HPE FlexNetwork 5520 HI Switch series uses Intelligent Resilient Framework (IRF) that supports virtualization of up to nine physical switches into one logical device for simpler, flatter, and more agile networks.
- Delivers outstanding resiliency, security, and multiservice support capabilities for traditional large enterprise networks. It supports advanced technologies such as OAM, RRPP, BFD, Multi-level QoS, MPLS, and VPLS.
- Dual, redundant, hot-swappable power supplies maintain a dynamic network that delivers up to 1440 Watts of PoE+ for powered cameras, phones, and wireless access points.
- Supports Virtual Routing Redundancy Protocol (VRRP) where groups of two routers can dynamically back each other up to create highly available routed environments.
- Virtual Extensible LAN (VXLAN) and Ethernet VPN (EVPN) allow greater flexibility to integrate into existing networks, better scalability without redesigning the underlay network, enhanced security to restrict attacks, and improved performance specially in spine-leaf architectures.
Robust Quality of Service (QoS)
- The HPE FlexNetwork 5520 HI Switch Series supports advanced classifier-based QoS which groups traffic using multiple match criteria based on Layer 2 and 3 information; it applies QoS policies such as setting priority level and rate limit to selected traffic on a port, VLAN, or the entire switch.
- Provides extensive traffic prioritization with strict priority (SP) queuing, weighted round robin (WRR), weighted fair queuing (WFQ), weighted random early discard (WRED), weighted deficit round robin (WDRR), SP+WDRR, and SP+WFQ.
- Broadcast control and limitation of broadcast traffic rate can reduce unwanted network traffic.
Comprehensive security and simplified management
- HPE FlexNetwork 5520 HI Switch series supports flexible authentication methods including 802.1X and MAC Authentication and Encryption for greater device security and policy-driven application authentication. Per-user Access Control Lists (ACLs) provide identity-driven security and access control.
- Dynamic ARP protection with functions such as ARP Detection and ARP packet validation that block broadcasts from unauthorized hosts, prevent eavesdropping or theft of network data.
- Centralized security policy management and network protection with HPE Intelligent Management Center (IMC), which leverages End User Admission Domination (EAD) integrated security policies, network access control and access right control policies for a comprehensive integrated security system.
- Supports SmartMC, an embedded network management tool, with a web-based GUI to simplify operations and facilitate centralized management at no additional cost.
Shipping + Returns
✔ Shipping is free for all US orders. If international, the shipping cost will be calculated at checkout.
✔ Once your product has shipped, it usually takes 4 to 6 business days to be delivered.
✔ You can return your product for free up to 30 days after receiving your order.
Payment + Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.