Aruba AP-555 (JP) Dual Radio 8x8:8 / 4x4:4 802.11ax Internal Antennas Unified Campus AP
The Aruba 550 Series Campus Access Points with IEEE 802.11ax technology are designed to deliver extreme performance access for mobile and IoT devices in environments where device density is very high. The Aruba 550 Series uses 802.11ax features to efficiently and simultaneously serve multiple clients and traffic types in dense environments, increasing data rates for both inpidual device and overall system. The 550 Series supports maximum data rates of 4.8Gbps in the 5GHz band and 1,150Mbps in the 2.4GHz band (for an aggregate peak data rate of 5.95Gbps). Each AP supports up to 1024 associated client devices per radio, making the high-end 802.11ax 550 Series APs ideal for extreme high-density environments, such as large public venues, higher education, hotels and enterprise offices.
AI-powered wireless RF and client connectivity optimization.
Dual-radio (8x8 + 4x4 MIMO) 802.11ax AP with up-and downlink OFDMA and Multi-User MIMO (MU-MIMO).
Optional tri-radio mode with two 5GHz and one 2.4GHz radio (all 4x4 MIMO).
Aruba’s unique Smart PoE allows for the use of existing switching infrastructure to power up APs.
Maximum data rates of 4.8Gbps in the 5GHz band and 1,150Mbps in the 2.4GHz band (for an aggregate peak data rate of 5.95Gbps).
Supports all mandatory and several optional 802.11ax features, and the full 37 OFDMA Resource Units (RUs) with up to 1,024 associated client devices per radio.
- The Aruba 550 Series Campus Access Points with 802.11ax technology efficiently and simultaneously serves multiple clients, increasing data rates for both inpidual devices and as an overall system.
- Multi-user transmission with downlink and uplink Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiple Access (OFDMA) increases user data rates and reduces latency, especially for large numbers of devices with short frames or low data-rate requirements, such as voice and IoT devices.
- Multi-user capability with downlink multi-user MIMO improves network capacity by allowing multiple devices to transmit simultaneously.
- The Aruba ClientMatch technology will automatically attempt to group 802.11ax capable devices onto available AP radios with equivalent capabilities, so that the performance benefits of OFDMA are maximized. This means increased network performance and a boost in network capacity.
- In the optional tri-radio operating mode, the 5GHz radio is split up into two independent 4x4 MIMO radios with up to four spatial streams each. This enables even higher numbers of simultaneously connected client devices.
Smart Power Management
- The Aruba 550 Series Campus Access Points includes Aruba Intelligent Power Monitoring (IPM) which allows for a gradual upgrade of switching by allowing the APs to operate if there is not enough Power over Ethernet ( PoE) power.
- This feature enables the AP to continuously monitor and report its actual power consumption and optionally make autonomous decisions to disable certain capabilities based on the amount of power available to the unit.
- Aruba’s Smart PoE allows the existing infrastructure to power up APs. Smart PoE enables to configure two PoE ports to either aggregate their power (more power available) or use one as a redundant PoE power.
- As higher-performance 802.11ax access points drive more power consumption, Aruba NetInsight Green AP feature allows the 550 series access points to draw less power when it’s not being used, such as evenings when the buildings are empty.
IoT and Location Ready
- The Aruba 550 Series Campus Access Points provides unique benefits for IoT devices from dedicated channels in OFDMA allowing for simultaneous transmission of IoT connections with low latency, to power saving options with Target Wake Time (TWT) to saves battery life.
- The 550 series supports an integrated Bluetooth Low-Energy (BLE) and Zigbee radio, as well as a USB port for increased flexibility, providing better security and reliable connectivity for IoT devices and for implementing location services.
Shipping + Returns
✔ Shipping is free for all US orders. If international, the shipping cost will be calculated at checkout.
✔ Once your product has shipped, it usually takes 4 to 6 business days to be delivered.
✔ You can return your product for free up to 30 days after receiving your order.
Payment + Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.