The HPE FlexFabric 12900E Switch Series is a next-generation modular data center core switch designed to support virtualized data centers and the evolving needs of private and public cloud deployments. It delivers unprecedented levels of performance, buffering, scale, and availability with high-density GbE, 10GbE, 40GbE and 100GbE connectivity. The Switch Series includes 1-, 2-, 4-, 8- and 16-slot chassis. Ready for software-defined networking (SDN), the 12900E Switch supports full Layer 2 and 3 features and advanced data center features to build resilient scalable fabrics and achieve convergence.
Modern, Scalable and Distributed Architecture
- The HPE FlexFabric 12900E Switch Series provides non-blocking, lossless Clos architecture with VOQs and large buffers with the flexibility and scalability for future growth.
- Distributed architecture with separation of data and control planes delivers enhanced fault tolerance and facilitates continuous operation and zero service disruption during planned or unplanned control-plane events.
- Advanced Comware modular operating system brings native high stability, independent process monitoring, and restart through the modular design and multiple processes of Hewlett Packard Enterprise Comware v7 software; enhanced serviceability functions are supported.
- In-Service Software Upgrade (ISSU) provides an upgrade of the entire chassis, or an inpidual task or process, with zero packet loss.
High-Performance Switch Series with Broad Interface Options
- The HPE FlexFabric 12900E Switch Series lets you build Layer 2 and Layer 3 fabrics which are flexible, resilient, and scalable with VxLAN support and sub-second convergence times.
- High-density 1GbE, 10GbE, 40GbE and 100GbE interface connectivity with up to 16 interface module slots scales up to 768 1GbE/10GbE, 768 40GbE ports and 576 100GbE ports.
- Distributed scalable fabric architecture offers up to six fabric modules delivering more than 43.2 Tbps per slot bandwidth.
Optimized for the Next-Generation Data Center
- The HPE FlexFabric 12900E Switch Series let you build Layer 2 fabrics which are flexible, resilient, and scalable with VxLAN, TRILL and/or Hewlett Packard Enterprise IRF.
- Enhanced Multitenant Device Context (MDC) for multi-tenancy giving you the ability to virtualize a physical switch into multiple logical device.
- Network and storage convergence with support for Fiber Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) and Data Center Bridging (DCB) protocols includes IEEE 802.1Qaz Data Center Bridging Exchange (DCBX), Enhanced Transmission Selection (ETS), and IEEE 802.1Qbb Priority Flow Control (PFC).
Enterprise-Class Availability and Resiliency with Broad Layer 2 and Layers 3 Feature Set
- Intelligent Resilient Fabric (IRF) creates virtual resilient switching fabrics where two HPE FlexFabric 12900E switches perform as a single Layer 2 switch and Layer 3 router that can be attached using standard LACP for automatic load balancing and high availability.
- The Switch Series offers hot-swappable modules and redundant load-sharing fabrics, management, power and high-speed fan assemblies which provides you with optimum network performance and availability while simplifying your network operations.
- Comprehensive switching, routing and service provider feature set with full IPv4/IPv6, ACLs, QoS, MPLS/VPLS and multicast capabilities is offered.
Shipping + Returns
✔ Shipping is free for all US orders. If international, the shipping cost will be calculated at checkout.
✔ Once your product has shipped, it usually takes 4 to 6 business days to be delivered.
✔ You can return your product for free up to 30 days after receiving your order.
Payment + Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.