2nd Generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable Family Ready
GIGABYTE’s servers are fully ready to support the second generation of Intel® Xeon® Scalable Family processors, codenamed “Cascade Lake”, which bring the following major enhancements:
- Intel® Optane™ Persistent Memory: Built-in support for this revolutionary new product based on Intel’s 3D Xpoint technology
- Overall Performance: Higher CPU frequencies, improved turbo profiles vs. prior-gen Intel Xeon Scalable processors
- Increased DDR4 Memory Speed & Capacity: Up to 2933MHz (1 DIMM per channel on some SKUs), 16Gb based DIMM supported
- Intel Deep Learning Boost: Significantly accelerates inference performance for deep learning workloads optimized to use VNNI (Vector Neural Network Instructions)
- Security: Hardware mitigations for Meltdown / Spectre security vulnerabilities
Intel® Xeon® Scalable Family Processors
GIGABYTE’s Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processor family servers are available in dual socket configurations, and are compatible with the full family of different SKUs (Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum) that are workload optimized to support different applications, from enterprise IT database, cloud and storage to the most high-demand HPC workloads. SKU compatibility will depend on the maximum CPU TDP supported for each system, please refer to each product’s specification page for further information
Advanced features built into the silicon include:
- Intel® QAT: Speed up data compression and cryptography with integrated Intel QuickAssist Technology (QAT).
- Intel® AVX-512: Intel Advanced Vector Extension 512 instruction set architecture enables workload-optimized performance and throughput increases for advanced analytics, high performance computing (HPC) applications, and data compression.
- Intel® VROC: Intel Xeon Scalable Processors come with built-in support for Intel VROC (Virtual RAID on CPU).
- Intel® Omni-Path: Selected GIGABYTE servers support CPU SKUs with integrated Intel Omni-Path Fabric connection
Intel® Optane™ Persistent Memory Ready
GIGABYTE’s second generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable family servers come ready to support Intel® Optane™ Persistent Memory, a revolutionary new product that re-defines traditional memory & storage architectures by enabling a large persistent memory tier between DRAM and SSDs, that’s higher capacity than DRAM and faster than SSDs, enabling the user to bring more data closer to the CPU for faster time for insight.
Optane Persistent Memory Modules (“PMem”) integrate seamlessly into existing DDR4 DIMM slots, and use Intel’s 3D Xpoint memory technology, which unlike DRAM retains data after power is removed. The modules will be available in capacities up to 512GB – a massive increase compared to the current maximum 128GB of industry-leading DDR4 memory sticks – and can be addressed by the OS or application either as memory (Memory Mode) or storage (Application Direct Mode).
Intel® VROC Enabled
This server product is enabled for Intel VROC (Virtual RAID on CPU) to enable software RAID on connected NVMe SSDs, and ships with a VROC key as standard
Industry Leading GPU Density
Supports 10 x Computing Cards
Using our expertise in thermal and mechanical design, GIGABYTE leads the HPC industry by offering some of the highest GPU density server products on the market.
Optimized for High TDP
GIGABYTE systems are thermally designed with the highest rated CPU SKUs in mind so that top performance is enabled which ever Xeon Scalable CPU you choose.
Superior Airflow Design
The G481 series combines a space optimized design and dual fan wall to create a large airflow tunnel for excellent cooling efficiency.
Carefully Selected Components
GIGABYTE’s passive components are carefully selected to guarantee a stable operating environment and allow the processors and the memory to deliver their maximum performance. GIGABYTE’s server motherboards are built with long lasting components for a high degree of reliability and durability.
Design Features for Easy Maintenance
GIGABYTE’s server platforms contain many tool less design features for easy installation, maintenance and removal – never worry about forgetting your toolbox or losing a screw again!
Tool-less Rail Kits
Rail kits attach to the side of the server chassis via clipping mechanism.
Tool-less 2.5” & 3.5” Drive Bays
Clipping mechanism secures the drive in place. Install or replace a new drive in seconds.
Efficient, Reliable Power Supply
GIGABYTE SERVER Xeon Scalable servers are designed to guarantee high conversion efficiency regardless of load. Redundant 80 Plus ‘Titanium’ or ‘Platinum’ PSUs, combined with GIGABYTE’s precision engineering, translates to super efficient power usage which maximizes the system’s power : performance ratio and reduces OPEX for the user.
Intelligent Power Management Features
SCMP (Smart Crises Management / Protection)
SCMP is a GIGABYTE patented feature that will automatically force the system’s CPU to enter ULFM (ultra-low frequency mode for minimum power consumption) when the BMC is alerted to a PSU fault or error (such as power loss, power surge, overheating or a fan problem). This feature will prevent shutdown in systems with less than 1 + 1 PSU redundancy when one PSU is lost. In a 2U 4 Node server, only two nodes will be switched to low power mode, while two remaining nodes can continue normal operation. When the fault is resolved or the PSU is replaced, the system will automatically return to normal power mode.
GIGABYTE Management Console
GIGABYTE server utilizes the AMI MegaRAC SP-X solution for BMC server management, has a browser-based graphical user interface, and is feature-rich and easy to use.
- RESTful API support includes the latest DMTF standard of Redfish. Allows integration with 3rd party applications for server management
- Including HTML5 based iKVM remote management client, no need to purchase other additional licenses
- Detailed FRU information from SMBIOS
- 10 to 30 seconds pre-event automatic recording function
- SAS / RAID controller monitoring function
GIGABYTE Server Management (GSM)
GIGABYTE Server Management (GSM) is GIGABYTE’s proprietary multiple server remote management software platform, available as a free download from each GIGABYTE server product page. GSM is compatible with either IPMI or Redfish connection interfaces, and comprises the following sub-programs:
- GSM Server: A software program with an easy to use browser-based GUI to enable global remote monitoring and management of multiple GIGABYTE servers via each server node’s BMC.
- GSM CLI (GBT Utility): A command-line interface program to enable global remote monitoring and management of multiple GIGABYTE servers via each server node’s BMC.
- GSM Agent: A software program installed locally on each GIGABYTE server node that retrieves additional node information (CPU/Mem/HDD/PCI/…) from the OS and passes it to the BMC. This information can then be utilized by GSM Server or GSM CLI.
- GSM Mobile: A remote server management mobile APP, available for both Android and iOS.
- GSM Plugin: A plugin that allows the user to manage and monitor GIGABYTE server nodes within VMware’s vCenter.
Automatic Fan Speed Control
To achieve the best cooling and power efficiency, GIGABYTE servers are enabled with automatic fan speed control. Inpidual fan speed will be automatically adjusted according to CPU, DIMM, M.2, HDD, and GPU temperature sensors. When BMC detects a temperature change at a particular location, the corresponding fan speed will be changed accordingly.
Certified Ready with Software Partners
Being a member of key software alliance partner programs enables GIGABYTE to rapidly develop and validate joint solutions, enabling our customers to modernize their data centers and implement IT infrastructure and application services with speed, agility, and cost optimization.
Shipping + Returns
✔ Shipping is free for all US orders. If international, the shipping cost will be calculated at checkout.
✔ Once your product has shipped, it usually takes 4 to 6 business days to be delivered.
✔ You can return your product for free up to 30 days after receiving your order.
Payment + Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.